Have your data or applications gone down unexpectedly, leaving you without important information for hours or more?
Cloud, a technology that uses the internet and central remote servers to maintain data and applications which allows consumers and business organizations to use applications without installation and access their personal files at any computer with internet access. The cloud technology allows for much more efficient computing by centralizing storage, memory, processing and bandwidth.
Essential Cloud Characteristics
- On-demand self-service: customers can provision computing capabilities.
- Broad network access: Resources are available over the network through standard mechanisms.
- Resource pooling: the provider’s computing resources are pooled to serve multiple consumers using a multi-tenant model.
- Rapid elasticity: capabilities can be rapidly and elastically provisioned, preferably automatically.
- Measured service: Resource-usage is monitored, automatically controlled and optimized. The organization provides transparency for both itself and the customer of the utilized service.